Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Easiest Quest You Ever Got.  (Read 2427 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest Quest You Ever Got.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 01:54:08 pm »

Sent to kill a troll as an early quest. Lured it out of its lair, then snuck up behind it and casually tossed a small rock at its head, killing it with one blow from six or seven paces. This was my third throw, but it was the first one that connected.

You wouldn't believe how many quests I've ended without anyone seeing me.  I just need to throw until I get a headshot, he falls unconscious, or he falls over.  If he's unconscious, I headstab, but I wait before killing the ones that are conscious but on the ground, since throwing is almost impossible against them.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »

I was asked to kill a night creature when I tried out a blunt weapons run. I reduced its head to chunky salsa when I struck at it with an aimed strike. I proceeded to slaughter the whole night creature family on my way out because they decided to block the entrance.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

CaveIn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 04:11:39 pm »

Been playing Genesis mod for the first time, and I was sent to kill my first Balor. Excited, I recruited 2 guys to join me, and went to its shrine. When it came into view, I started throwing a few bolts at it to perhaps give it a small wound of some kind. First my adequate throwing naga missed for a few turns, but then. "Balor has been shot and killed." Tore his soulgem, which apparently is something the Balor needs... A bit of an anti-climax  :P
I can see my hammer dwarf standing next to a beat bloody elf asking :"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"....."What do you mean you don't know?!" *BANG there goes another rib*

Squeak_Rustfur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »

I was useing the kobold camp mod and starting a new adventurer. His first task was to kill a kobold swordsman that had been troubling the local villages. So, I go off to his camp and search around until the message "I AM [name I can't recall], PREPARE TO DIE" tells me that I have found my target. I step toward him when suddenly...

[name I can't recall] has died of old age.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 11:50:46 am »

it was a wolf and i got it one hit
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »

I just got sent on a quest to kill a jaguar that was already dead.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »

In many games that would be a save-ending glitch.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 12:50:02 pm »

troglodyte
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ViiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »

Minotaur. That was funny as when I was searching his labyrinth, he was screaming all kind of stuff of what kind of meal I will become for him, then proudly annonced all folks that he killed before me and then died from first strike (2h sword stab) into the head.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 07:05:54 pm »

In many games that would be a save-ending glitch.
Ah, but this is Dwarf Fortress. If it was like that then there would be something else to break your save anyway.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »

This happened kind of well into my adventuring, but my very first quest that took me to an above ground shrine area was to fight against a plains titan. At first I was like, huh, ok, but then upon looking at his description it showed him composed entirely of water so every arrow that hit him, every slash that struck him always severed off a body part. My character ended his reign pretty quickly.
Pages: 1 [2]