Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adamantine strand stockpile problems  (Read 604 times)

pkmnfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adamantine strand stockpile problems
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:46:44 am »

The problem is exactly the opposite of the problem most people have in this regard: Nothing I do makes my dwarves stock pile the strands after they're extracted. They just sit in the work shop, slowing down what is already a stupidly long task. :(

It's weird, because it was working. But all of a sudden, it stopped working for no (discernible) reason.

I've checked burrows, labour settings, etc. No dice.

The stockpile itself is just a regular cloth stockpile with everything enabled. Just to make sure I wasn't stupid or anything, I tried designating a catch-all stockpile with everything turned on (except stone and wood), and still nothing.

Also, if I designate the strands for dumping, it works. So, I guess I CAN get the stuff out of the work shop... but, what the heck's going on?

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine strand stockpile problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:50 am »

They go in to cloth/thread stockpiles. I've heard they'll only be put in a bin after some other kind of thread has already been put in it.

pkmnfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:15:49 pm »

They go in to cloth/thread stockpiles. I've heard they'll only be put in a bin after some other kind of thread has already been put in it.

Well, I've got plenty of other cloth in the stockpile, so it's not that...

pkmnfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:56:03 pm »

Okay, this is weird. I decided to clean out the workshop by dumping all the strands down my ore-chute (which goes directly into my forges, so it's all good  8)). After I unforbid them, I went about my normal business.

I just now noticed a dwarf hauling a strand around. Checking the job list, they are now hauling the strands from my forges, and storing them in the cloth stockpile. And, now, strands that have been created in the mean time are being hauled out of the work shop as well.

Aargh!

To summarize: