Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Toughness=Invincible?  (Read 5733 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toughness=Invincible?
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »

I just added [HEALING_RATE:5000] to a bunch of body parts in that file (nails, nerves, horns, hooves, cartilage), which is 1/5 the healing rate of bones and 1/50 the rate of most tissues.  I'm hoping that keeps my adventurers from being permanently crippled, but still doesn't let me or anyone else heal in the middle of a fight.

EDIT:  This is like the 5th post in a row I've made that's started a new page.  I'm not doing this on purpose, I promise!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:56:46 pm by minno »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »

I just added [HEALING_RATE:5000] to a bunch of body parts in that file (nails, nerves, horns, hooves, cartilage), which is 1/5 the healing rate of bones and 1/50 the rate of most tissues.  I'm hoping that keeps my adventurers from being permanently crippled, but still doesn't let me or anyone else heal in the middle of a fight.

5000? That is so painfully "oh god the pain! THE PAIN! GaaAaAaahh! Why 'em I not dead yet?" slow...that crippled friend of yours will most likely get killed long before he gets healed (A.K.A. It will annoy you and make you question why it still hasn't kicked in yet, lower numbers means faster effects).

DISCLAIMER: Adding them to a existing save might not give the effect at all...It might need a re-gen (Editing existing ones are ok...adding/removing?...well....)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 08:22:06 pm »

5000? That is so painfully "oh god the pain! THE PAIN! GaaAaAaahh! Why 'em I not dead yet?" slow...that crippled friend of yours will most likely get killed long before he gets healed (A.K.A. It will annoy you and make you question why it still hasn't kicked in yet, lower numbers means faster effects).

DISCLAIMER: Adding them to a existing save might not give the effect at all...It might need a re-gen (Editing existing ones are ok...adding/removing?...well....)

I'm not the one who had a crippled friend, I'm usually dealing with my own character's horrifying toe infections.  I didn't want it to be an insta-heal whenever I traveled, but I wanted it to eventually happen.  I can always just sleep for a week with some of the friendly peasants.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2010, 10:00:58 am »

Ok, it appears that an adventurer with superior recuperation and an adventurer with very low recuperation heal the same way, while travelling. It doesn't even change whether or not you get scars!

Does this mean that it only affects short-term healing? That would make it relatively useless imo... I mean, compared to the benefits of putting those points into something like agility.

Interesting. I still say that since i can train agility, and can't train recuperation, that it would gain priority. But disease resistance or whatever it's called is now first priority for me. Whatever it does.

I'm guessing that it increases the time before your non-healing busted toe gets infected.  I'm pretty sure that it will always eventually get infected, but superior disease resistance at the beginning might make it take longer.

Blargh. The whole "die from an infected hangnail" thing is seriously uncool. I wish the "remove then re-add" trick still worked for regenerating smashed ears, noses, and things.

Dwarven Stem Cells.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2010, 12:49:12 pm »

I think Recuperation does affect healing.  You can see the affect in the normal walking time.  My adventurers always have superior recuperation and tend to recover from heavy bleeding of a minor artery in about 10-20 steps.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]