Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jimmy Blond: Cooling it off  (Read 3364 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Blond: Cooling it off
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 02:51:54 pm »

"Mister Blond, I deal in information. A butcher would not avoid selling meat, why should I avoid plying my trade? I am no mercenary. The men outside, they are mercenaries, but I am not. My clients know the risks when they deal with me, and they take them anyway. They try to keep as much from me as they can, but I am very skilled at picking things up.

As for project hephaestus, it is very interesting that you bring that up, as it has been on my mind recently. If you want me tel tell you about it, then there is something you must do for me. A number of aircraft will be landing at locations around britain tomorrow night. If their contents were to be known to the authorities, it would not be fortunate for me. Your task is to register them with the secret service - the men outside will give you details of the planes. Come and meet me the day after and I will know if you have done this."

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 08:00:34 am »

"Branching out from information into hard goods are we? I think we can work together for now Jimmy 2. Stay off the secret service radar and we shouldn't have a problem."

> Use your influence at secret service HQ to register those planes. If anyone asks it's for a top secret mission. If possible arrange for grunt agents to stake out one or two of the airports to see if anything can be observed. Have them answer directly to Mr Blond and put in a good word for promotion if they find anything.

> Whilst at HQ see if N has any more information on this Project Hephaestus, Jimmy Blond would like to know what he's involved in.

> Plan to head to Dover to attempt to apprehend the contact there, assuming Jimmy 2 hasn't tipped him off.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 08:18:27 am »

You exit the car and head back to HQ, with the deatils of the planes - eight of them, each landing at a different airport. Getting in contact with the staff at each airport, you use your security clearance and tell them the the incoming planes are top secret, and their contents should not be examined. You also arrange to be sent a copy of the CCTV tapes from the night in question from each airport.

That done, you ask N for more information about project hephaestus. Some years ago, it was discovered that by transmitting sound waves with a very large amplitude and a precise frequency into the ground, the flow of magma in the earth's mantle could be altered. However, machines to do that were very expensive and the resultant changes in flow were very imprecise, so funding was cut and the project stopped. The project was treated as top secret, however, as there was the danger that if the required frequency was known to others, then the effects from uncontrolled usage could be dire. Mark Hodges was one of those that were involved in project hephaestus.

That done, you take a black folder, put some dummy papers inside and head on to dover. You find the pub in question, leave the folder at one of the empty tables,and pull the same ruse as you did in the bar in london (pretend to read the newspaper while observing using the monocle). However, by the time closing time comes around, nobody has approached the folder

It is the night before the planes are due to arrive. You are scheduled to meet with Jimmy the day after next.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »

> Do some research on Mark Hodges, his friends, family, and of course enemies. At this point it is highly unlikely that his disappearance is a simple personal crime, but that doesn't necessarily mean his acquaintances are not involved.   

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »

You get a good night's sleep and head back to HQ in london to research Mark Hodges. His wife passed on some years ago. He has two daughters and a son - a journalist, and accountant, and a corporal in the army respectively. He had few friends, mostly agents or former agents from the service. He was not a field operative, so would not have personally earned himself many enemies. He worked in a large number of projects, most of which ended up with a high level of secrecy.  He also had a major role in the recruitment. Unfortunately, a lot of potential information about him and his recent activities was lost when his house burned down recently.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 08:02:39 am »

Ask around concerning Mr Hodges work colleagues. Try to interview some of them or if time is critical send lackies to interview them (prepare a questionaire for them beforehand). Try to find out what sort of person he was, his habits, his likes/dislikes, anything concerning his family. At the same time try to find out what else he had been working on. Go to the meeting with Jimmy 2 armed with as much information about Mr Hodges as possible.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 04:15:42 pm »

> Hodges himself may be a bit of a dead end at this point. Instruct the police to interview his family, it should be standard procedure for them anyway, and report back to you should anything enlightening or suspicious turn up.

> Jimmy Blond always has a plan B, and is not quite sure if he can trust Jimmy 2 to hold up to his end of the bargain. Instruct agents to attempt to get fingerprints or genetic samples from Jimmy 2's men at the airports. Discretely of course. If you can ID some of his men you can have them pulled in for interview later.

> Go to one of the airports yourself and wait in one of the air traffic control towers. Instruct Jimmy 2's plane to land and unload within easy visual range of your vantage point so you can try to discern its cargo with your monocle. Even if you don't intend to interfere with your new ally's plan you can still know what it is.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »

You send your instructions for the family members to be interviewed, and prepare for the arrival of Jimmy's planes. You send messages out to the other airports to get identification from the people involved at the other planes, and go to one of the nearby airports, and wait until the plane arrives. Once it does, it is directed to an empty part of the airport, and an unmarked lorry parks nearby.

You approach the people in the plane and lorry, and ask for identificaiton from each of them. You also take note of the details of the lorry. They initially refuse, saying that this is top-secret stuff, but you respond by saying that asking for identification is standard operating procedure to make sure that their security clearance matches with your databases. The offer identification, and you make a copy of each of their details.

The lorry is backed up near the doors to the cargo bay of the plane, and a screen is taken from the lorry and erected so nobody can see the goods as they are transferred in. Using your monocle, you can see that the cargo has been divided into a number of crates. Your monocle's vision is not good, but it appears that most of the crates contain packets of a powdery substance. There are two which appear to contain containers of a pressurised gas, two which contain heavy machinery, and one contains a lot of electronics.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 02:40:17 am »

> Grab some espresso, Jimmy Blond has a long night of office work ahead of him...

> Describe what you saw with the Monocle to N. Your description will most likely not be detailed enough to pinpoint exactly what Jimmy II is up to, however you may be able to find out if the contents of the plane could be used in the completion of project hephaestus. If it seems likely that his contact has a vested interest in messing with depths of the planet Jimmy Blond may have to let his fists and gadgets do the talking in his upcoming meeting...

> Run the all the names you and the other agents acquired from the henchmen through the system. You doubt any of them would be dumb enough to use their real name, but somebody could have put down an alias already known to the authorities. Try to salvage any fingerprints on your pen that they used to fill out the forms. Fingerprints don't have false identities. All you need is a name or two to interrogate should Jimmy II prove uncooperative.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]