Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaction Help  (Read 604 times)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reaction Help
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:31:46 pm »

Here's hoping someone can spot an issue here that I can't seem to locate... This is intended to take one bar of normal metal, and transmute it into an 'enchanted' version of the same metal. I've redefined the new metals in the 'inorganic_metal' file, and they show up as valid production materials in the standard forge, so I think they're alright.

The issues comes with the enchanting lab that I created, none of the reactions are showing up there after it's been built, but they have been added to the entity_default file as permitted.

Here's an example metal entry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the reactions file ..

The custom workshop...

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction Help
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:52:16 pm »

You are aware that for custom reactions, you must have all the reagents before it will appear in the workshop? I don't see anything obvious wrong with your reactions or building, so the only thing left is to ask whether you might have just generated a world, embarked, built the custom workshop immediately, and expected the reactions to show up. Probably the best way to check if this is the case (if you didn't realize immediately) is to make sure you embark with a copper bar or two.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:57:59 pm »

Yeah, I've got some copper and iron bars around, so that isn't the root problem.

There is currently a minor issue with a 3rd-party mod I added... they put in multiple skills for some of their reactions, and that seems to be causing a few unexpected behaviors. I'll have to correct that and see if this fixes itself.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some obvious mistake. Thanks. :)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

Your mistake isn't obvious to a lot of people because a lot of people don't know about it ;). See this line? [BUILDING:ENCHANTING_LAB:NONE] The "NONE" tag is your problem. It needs to be replaced by CUSTOM_any letter here. For example:

Try those out. The CUSTOM_ tag defines what key you need to press to select the reaction. Hope it helps.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:42:42 pm »

Your mistake isn't obvious to a lot of people because a lot of people don't know about it ;). See this line? [BUILDING:ENCHANTING_LAB:NONE] The "NONE" tag is your problem. It needs to be replaced by CUSTOM_any letter here. For example:

-snip-

Try those out. The CUSTOM_ tag defines what key you need to press to select the reaction. Hope it helps.
You're mistaken; NONE is a valid entry in that location. This reaction:

[REACTION:GROVE_TOWERCAP]
   [NAME:Work grove]
   [BUILDING:GROVE_TOWERCAP:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:2:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:TOWER_CAP:WOOD]
   [SKILL:WOODCUTTING]

works fine. NONE in that spot just makes there be no hotkey for working that reaction, which the game is perfectly fine with allowing.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »

your names are backwards... in the inorganic files you have it as ENCHNTED_IRON, in the reactions you have it as IRON_ENCHANTED

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:29:32 am »

your names are backwards... in the inorganic files you have it as ENCHNTED_IRON, in the reactions you have it as IRON_ENCHANTED

Oh. Huh. Good catch, thanks!

However, when I tested it last night, I did get the reactions to show up in the lab after fixing that other bit I mentioned.

(Aha. And now that the reactions are showing, the errorlog pointed out the above reversal. Fair enough.)