Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exile: The Tale of the Forsaken  (Read 919 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Exile: The Tale of the Forsaken
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:26:26 pm »

EXILE

Exile.

They cast us off like old clothing, shed us simply because we did not listen to their lies. There is little we can do; the hundreds in the mountainhomes would simply slaughter us if we refused to leave the Homlands.

So we will have to make due without.

We were sent off with food and water to last us for a month. They sent us with the bare minimum. But we will survive. With but one pick, and with one axe, and a trifle in means of foods and seeds, we will prevail.

I am tired after the days journey. I will write of our first exploits by the sunrise.

Diary, 1st of Granite, 251

This, it seems, is where we shall make our new home. We have disembarked in a small rift in the flat dirt, cut by a tiny brook. The brook is dank and muddy, but pure enough. The dirt, however, is cloying and sticky. Already the pages of this very book are stained by the grit, and I have hardly even opened it. Those bigots in the Homelands brought this upon us, and I will never forgive them.

Alas, they seem to know this. Our supplies are tiny, even compared to the small amount given to a new settlement. We managed to steal a few medical supplies, thanks to our dear Doctor, but that is about it. We have enough seeds to sustain a small population, no more.

There are alot of carp about. However, praise to Cacame, the fish seem less harmful than I remember. Let us pray it keeps that way.

And pray is about all we can do. We have few useful members, with a pair of peasants taking up two of our seven! All they seem to want to do is carry things about, the lazy sods! I suppose I can delegate them jobs at a later date. Maybe the boredom of existance here will change their attitude.

Strike the earth, boys.

~Urdim Plungeletter, prophet

((Those who want dwarves, speak now or forever hold your warhammers in reserve.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Exile: The Tale of the Forsaken
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

I'll take an Axedwarf (If you have one, Woodcutter that doubles and will serve as military commander later on will also do,)
Name: Derm
Proffession: Soulchopper.

Prone to adventure and introspectiveness. Has a self-titled 'Rage state' when in combat. Otherwise very friendly.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Exile: The Tale of the Forsaken
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 07:27:55 am »

I'll take (in this priority) mechanic, weaponsmith, mason, carpenter. Nick Dariush.