Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: questing problem  (Read 734 times)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
questing problem
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:20:57 pm »

Just found a fortress and asked one of the footmen for a quest as im not "good enough" for ruler quests and well snakemen must hate their rulers because every soldier I asked just told me the same quest, we are in (random name) kill bur lushmonster.

Are quests from subjects allowed to tell you to kill the ruler? Also I saved because i was sure this was a bad idea and went off to murder bur and come morning EVERY soldier in the fortress tries to kill me because I killed their king instead of well congratulating me for killing said king.

Anyone else had this happen?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: questing problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:39:01 pm »

Loyalty cascade, most likely the ruler did summat which made him an enemey of the civ, and a valid assasination target. I thought Toady fixed this though.
*Hugs*

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »

went to the castle that was located just two squares to the left of the first and well they ALSO want me to kill bur.
what could someone have done to garner such hate?

Edit: so it is a bug and not some valid feature?
also tried another castle, they too want their leader nuruz dead. could it be a bugged race as i am playing on Genesis mod?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:44:13 pm by isabuea »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:46:16 pm »

Not too sure, you may have just got unlucky (or lucky, depending on your outlook) during worldgen
*Hugs*