Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DRAGON MASTER  (Read 1373 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
DRAGON MASTER
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:39:34 am »

HOW DO YOU CREATE OR DESTROY THEM?

Stacks/non-stacks of identical items, that is, and by create and destroy, I mean merge and split.
(Adventure mode)

SUBJECT CHANGE

What is the best way to kill a dragon so that you split them up into the most parts? What weapon, assumed fighting them alone? I've used picks, wakizashi, and swords, have no trouble fucking up bones, but only my companions have severed bits.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:39:44 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: STACK MASTER
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 10:06:49 am »

You can't.
*Hugs*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: STACK MASTER
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:26:41 am »

you can split many of them into individual units by means of throwing (not dropping).
You cannot merge them. Ever. Even the NPC merchants cannot re-merge stacks of coins they take from you.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: DRAGON MASTER
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:39:09 pm »

so, if I've already tried throwing these dragon teeth around, and have thrown all 8 into one pile, that means they are inseparable?
SUBJECT CHANGE
What is the best way to kill a dragon so that you split them up into the most parts? What weapon, assumed fighting them alone? I've used picks, wakizashi, and swords, have no trouble fucking up bones, but only my companions have severed bits.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:43:28 pm »

I've found biting and shaking to be most effective for many parts. Other than that a sword/axe. Why do you want to sever bits btw?
*Hugs*

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:53:19 pm »

Axes are the best for severing limbs off...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »

crafting purposes
genesis mod eats the entire stack of material, so with 312 bones and 8 teeth I can only make 1 spear
Badges of honor

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »

If you butcher, then individually toss the bones it may work, I'm not too sure though...
*Hugs*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:28:46 pm »

so, if I've already tried throwing these dragon teeth around, and have thrown all 8 into one pile, that means they are inseparable?
SUBJECT CHANGE

Hmm. Dragons. If skin/bones are made of tougher stuff, you may need a high-powered metal bladed weapon to get through it. Either way, if something is unconscious, and you aim an attack at a tooth, it is almost guaranteed to sever and fly off. If it is still awake, it gets much much more difficult. Unless you are 6000points into kicking, then you can just kick their teeth out.

There is also high level wrestling - wherein you grapple their head, and pinch their teeth out. Also much much easier if they are unconscious.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 09:31:45 pm »

crafting purposes
genesis mod eats the entire stack of material, so with 312 bones and 8 teeth I can only make 1 spear
Ah, Deon's mod...sorry to say but a lot of the monsters there are "genetically enhanced". Meaning their skins & bones are way tougher than vanilla DF so cutting of tiny bits for individual butchering harder. Find the highest quality/sharpest fathertrucker weapon you can.

And yeah, butchered stacks (except food) so far can't be separated neatly.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 11:08:49 pm »

Damn, at one point the npcs had managed to cleave off a tooth, tail and claw, but I save-fagged to save my original companion, who had spontaneously burst into flame after the dragon died.

I'm a talented miner, and landed a solid strike on one of his teeth; it only chipped, and stayed in place.
Badges of honor