Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The fortress guard is killing everyone!: Stalinist-purgue style tantrum spiral  (Read 495 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Basically, I suffered around ten losses from an unfortunate (and large) goblin ambush. Noone too relevant (as far as I was concerned) but it did generate unhappyness. Now, the tantruming dwarves have calmed down, but now the fortress guard is systematically going through the infractors list, dealing deadly beatings to them.

I dont care too much because so far only menial workers (eg: no legendary doodz, nor particularily skilled) have been deemed unpersons. And I kind of hope it will stabilize sooner or later.

I'm building coffins like crazy, though. I've already more dead dwarves than I can bury. My numbers have gone from 103 to 85 (being honest: about 10 of those were planned).
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well done!  8)
As a reward, we hope you appreciate these angry ghosts!

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile

ghosts are just misunderstood
you see, ghosts have a very strong grip
so they try to hug their fellow dwarves and BAM
broken ribs
they try and get a little rest in their old bed, NOPE
pile of rubble
poor ghosts :(
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Heh, I had the same thing: Had some dudes die from an ambush. Tantrum spiral happened. Eventually, I got pissed, and assigned a fortress guard. Can you guess who I picked to be the guard captain? A legendary miner. Man, there were so many corpses that all my 3x3 grave rooms that would've normally held only one tomb now hold three tombs. Well, at least it stopped the spiral dead(pun intended) in it's tracks.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I have disbanded the guard into a regular military squad, and appointed my leader as captain of the guard instead. it's proving far less lethal.

I did this when I realized that letting the guard loose would have killed one of my legendaries', as well as the leader's wife.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.