Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Talisman Digital Edition  (Read 4008 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Talisman Digital Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »

I got this in a bundle a bit ago, I've been meaning to play it... Is it any fun to play against the computer? How long does a match take?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »

A match against the computer?  2-4 hours, maybe?  You can save it.  If you are on steam, the current patched version has multiple single player save slots (this is a recent feature, haha)

Fun?  If you have no other history with the game?  I don't know, maybe someone else can chime in.

I play against the AI sometimes to test out characters, or ideas.  I've played a couple of games against the AI for fun, but I think it is really best with other people.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »

I can't really say if Talisman is fun against the AI. At best, you'd be enjoying watching yourself bloat with power. At worst, you'd be eating the RNG while the AI kicks you while you're down. Talisman is a fun competitive boardgame with a vaguely coop twist, in that you don't HAVE to fight other players until the very end. So the fun at table is enjoying the ups and downs of your character with an audience. But it doesn't have a super deep system so, mechanically, there's not a shit ton to enjoy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]