Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Random Number Logic Gate!!!  (Read 4684 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Random Number Logic Gate!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 11:56:51 am »

I like the 'swewers' idea for flood prevention.  I have done it on a couple of my forts and found it works splendidly with proper planning, but found that the time spent on 'proper planning' put toward designing water works to be flood-proof instead takes less time and, if you pay attention to all the details, is perfectly safe from causing floods.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 03:29:05 pm »

I have found a use for caverns. *gets great idea*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 06:02:00 pm »

Um, what I said was to utilize where it's 6 deep instead of seven.  If you leave a single level of water bouncing around like that long enough, then it will dissapear.
One 7/7 amidst a bunch of 6/7 should not disappear, a single 1/7 dancing around on top of a bunch of 7/7, however will.  Unless you are on a really hot biome and the water is exposed to the open air, water should not evaporate unless it is 1/7.
Really?  In that case, I have another idea:
Code: (side view) [Select]
~_~
]_[
^^^
The _'s are hatches; it works by measuring out 7 units of water by opening the first hatch, then dropping it in the 1x3 hall below so that there's two tiles of 2/7 and one of 3/7.  My tests with my first design showed that the signal bounces along so fast that most of the time, the gates are open.  In this randomizer, there is a SMALL chance that one of the two side tiles will activate, and almost no chance the center will.  But I can use this too, because the biggest problem with my first gate is that the signals change too often.  I can use one of these gates to say when to trigger a state change in my dungeon, so you can't just wait for the path you want to take to open up again.

And I'm currently using this in project ARM_0k (see sig).

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Malaclypse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 06:54:25 am »

If you seal a cat in a cage with a small piece of plutonium, and the chances are that the cat could, at any time, die of radiation poisoning, Urist McShrodinger's theory states that the cat is both living and dead according to the rules of logic.

Sounds like a recipe for a nuclear catsplosion.
Pages: 1 [2]