Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do missing livers actually affect dwarves?  (Read 1661 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Do missing livers actually affect dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »

Fucking brilliant! I love Plump Helmet Men!

Anyway, no idea how the liver thing actually works. I've seen dorfs who get along just fine after losing whole lungs though, so I'm guessing it won't be a terribly serious affliction.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 05:06:28 pm »

The only organs that actually have an effect on anything right now are ones with the THOUGHT tag (brain), the CIRCULATION tag (heart) and/or the BREATHE tag (lungs). There are some additional effects involving damaged guts. Other than that, everything can stay or go, especially if the damage doesn't involve bleeding or such.

It's perfectly possible, at least in theory, for a dwarf to lose his/her stomach and continue to eat and function normally.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:11:29 pm by 3 »

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 05:16:46 pm »

Missing livers won't affect dwarves  They live on booze and alcohol since birth, they probably don't have any liver left by age 3 anyways ;)

And your shroom kingdom is fantastic :D

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 05:29:02 pm »

Missing livers won't affect dwarves  They live on booze and alcohol since birth, they probably don't have any liver left have a massive cirrhosis liver by age 3 anyways ;)

And your shroom kingdom is fantastic :D
Fixed ;D  (PS-Fun fact:  Dwarven livers are 150% the size of standard livers in the raws.  So my statement is canon.  :P)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 05:40:12 pm »

Dwarven livers actually filter blood. By which I mean it filters blood of the alcohol system. That's why a dwarf is slower when they have to drink water instead. Also, why spilled booze is indistinguishable from blood. It's bigger because there is a damn lot of blood in their system.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 [2]