Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Production manager  (Read 637 times)

katheb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Production manager
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:02:18 am »

Production management.

When you set up your manager/organiser dwarf why not give him orders and the higher his management  level the more he can multi task and be accurate with the orders.

Example [low level manager]

If Dwarven Wine less than "15" Then produce "10" Dwarven Wine.  If the book keeper dwarf knows his stuff he will report to the Manager "we are running low on wine!" he should then order the Brewer to make wine. [since he is a beginner he might wait till 10 Dwarven wine is left and only make 7]

Example 2 [higher level manager/organiser]

For every Iron bar made create 2 Coal
if stock is > 20 Items create Dwarven beer 40% of the time and Dwarven wines 60% of the time
In winter create 30 "insert Item name here" 

Or something...

I like DF but I am new at it for all i know this might be already in the game.

[I have not got past the second year without starving my poor dwarfs] [Damn you naked mole dogs stealing all my food!][thats what I get for forgetting to get war dogs]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:07:27 am by katheb »

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Production manager
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:37:30 am »

Standing production orders are very high on the voter and have been reported are already planned by toady. I believe he is planning to do this quite soon.
So a little advice try to use the search function of your browser to look trough the suggestion list and trough the dev notes(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php and http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html ) And you should also use the search option on this forum.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

katheb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Production manager
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:37:12 am »

Wonderful!

That is great to know.