Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I Breed Goblins?  (Read 1043 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Can I Breed Goblins?
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:13:48 pm »

Okay, I just caught 5 goblins in cages. This was my first invasion and i lost 2 dwarves. I want to give my marksdwarves some target practice. Basically I'm Going to have a room where the marksdwarves and the goblins are separated by fortifications. But I want to make sure the Gobbos reproduce so i can have an infinite supply of target practice. Can i do this?

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I Breed Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »

Them being sentient I would have to believe they would need to be married to breed, but I'm not too sure.
There is much !!SCIENCE!! to be done...

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:20:19 pm »

Breed with what, exactly? I believe rape is your conquering right according to most of history, and that's one way to make sure they impregnate/get pregnant.

Sorry if that's a tender subject for someone, but it's pretty mild compared to the level of mutilation this game permits.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »

Goblins, being civilized intelligent creatures, will only reproduce if they are married and if their spouse is on the same map as them.  They will never get married on your map, so you will need a pair of goblins who were already married in world gen before they entered your map.  The vast majority of goblins who enter your map are created as needed on demand, and have zero chance to be married previously.  Only siege leaders are taken from pre-existing world gen population as far as I can determine.  So, the only way you can breed goblins is if you capture a pair of siege leaders who happen to already be married, which is very unlikely but not impossible.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:23:31 pm »

Or mod their raws.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:58 pm »

Goblins, being civilized intelligent creatures, will only reproduce if they are married and if their spouse is on the same map as them.  They will never get married on your map, so you will need a pair of goblins who were already married in world gen before they entered your map.  The vast majority of goblins who enter your map are created as needed on demand, and have zero chance to be married previously.  Only siege leaders are taken from pre-existing world gen population as far as I can determine.  So, the only way you can breed goblins is if you capture a pair of siege leaders who happen to already be married, which is very unlikely but not impossible.

Or mod their raws.

These two replies, together, made me laugh.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 04:32:36 pm »

Is there a way to mod-in dwarf on goblin rape?

(Dwarblins!)
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 04:40:53 pm »

(Dwarblins!)
Now I wonder how dwarves would really treat them. Goblins would probably consider them non-goblin until indoctrinated, then just as goblin as anyone else in their civ. Would dwarves use them for target practice without complaint, or would it result in a loyalty cascade?