Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AV Question  (Read 1157 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
AV Question
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:12:31 am »

Which (free) Anti-Virus would you guys recommend? My friend asked me which one he should get, since I'm apparently the most techie person nearby.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AV Question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:21:44 am »

Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

I suggest Avast! It's what I use.
*Hugs*

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »

Avira's also a pretty decent free anti-virus. I've heard people complain about Avast! in the past, so I don't know what's up with that. Never tried it myself though.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:43:06 am »

Microsoft security essentials or Kaspersky AV

This. If you're going for free, Microsoft Security Essentials has been causing some bitchfests among "real" anti-virus makers due to it being a free multi-featured AV tool, but if you want to pay for something Kaspersky is a damn good one (I've been using it for about two years after bad experiences with Norton and McAffee). Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is also pretty good; I use it alongside Kaspersky as a secondary scanner, because it's one of the best scanner tools out there (not sure about the paid version's active protection, however).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:17 am »

Ok.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.