Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wow. Sieges Escalate Fast...  (Read 2077 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Wow. Sieges Escalate Fast...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 04:14:00 pm »

Just make a sheer trench and a drawbridge you can raise and then order all dwarves to a burrow inside somewhere safe.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MijRai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 07:22:13 pm »

Oh, I am safe in my dry moat and lava moat. It'd take me less than an hour to start flooding the surface, in my estimation. The problem is, do I want to?

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 07:27:33 pm »

Are you self sustaining? If you are, yes. If you're not, yes.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 09:22:50 pm »

Yeah...my last fort I decided to try to make use of the blue.

2nd year -> 1 ambush...3 dead gobs, 1 dead civilian
3rd year -> 1 siege...6 dead gobs, 3 injured military, 1 dead military
4th year -> 1 siege...51 mounted archer gobs...all dwarves dead

My 10 military dwarves rocking full masterpiece blue armor + axe + shield with legendary status in 2-3 categories only managed to kill a couple before dying.

MijRai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »

I am self sustaining... With the brook. I over-produce so much fish... Anyways, I magma the water, I lose the fish. Bad idea at the moment. I would have to seal my pillbox off as well, but that isn't the biggest problem in the world. I might be able to support with butchery and my farming plots when I bother to plant them, but I might not.
Heh. If I do it, I should open the caverns back up as well, and release the Forgotten Beast leech somewhere down there. Flood the caverns and mine out the obsidian later, I win.

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 10:07:42 pm »

I just set up my entrance as a T junction which virtually nullifies their ranged attacks and allows me to trap a number of them inside for my troops to slaughter by closing the outer bridges, then I open up again to let more in and repeat.
Sometimes I have to go out and chase some stubborn ones down but currently the biggest issues I face with sieges are:
 1) War animals joining civilians in the burrow I set to keep them safe during these fights, even though they are assigned to military. and
 2) Cleaning up all the mess afterwards. :)

Pages: 1 [2]