Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Forgottenn beast: Or "I am SO FCKED"  (Read 2745 times)

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Forgottenn beast: Or "I am SO FCKED"
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 04:12:42 pm »

Anything with deadly dust.  Just about everything else can be taken down by the Expendable Corps (also known as the Cheese Makers Union) or the guys in adamantine kit.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 06:06:03 pm »

Yeah, "dust" attacks have the same mechanics as cave-in dust, meaning they can fling your dwarves around in random directions, including up, meaning they fall back down and explode.

The good news is the same can happen to the forgotten beast if it doesn't have wings.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:26 pm »

I once had a Forgotten Beast that was a gigantic termite that blew dust (ironic, i thinnk not) anywho, after i had equiped enough dwarfs with all the steel i could muster out of the forges, i sent the platoon into the fray...what really grinded my gears was it had sex legs!!! and even after my dwarfs bitterly chop each and everyone of those legs off, he could still cruise around and throw everyone of balance with his dust cloud, after about sixteen or so dwarfs lost in battle the beast finally succumbed to an agonizing death and butchering.  Please take precautionary measures before opening the underworld!!!! like a bridge in a hallway leading to the underworld, i have tried the old cavein+cage trap to try and catch these beasts, but all my attempts have failed,  maybe it doesnt work in 31.16 +.... i dont know , so who wants dust biscuits or termite soup ...anytakers?
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 06:39:25 pm »

was it had sex legs!!!

???
I get this sudden image of a massive freaking termite with shapely legs. Welp. Off to find the brain bleach.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 12:13:29 am »

was it had sex legs!!!

???
I get this sudden image of a massive freaking termite with shapely legs. Welp. Off to find the brain bleach.

interesting, my mind conjured up a hexaphalluspede - don't follow in it's footsteps

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 04:00:27 pm »

i meant to say SIX legs not sex legs!!! rotflmao
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 04:04:21 pm »

was it had sex legs!!!

???

interesting, my mind conjured up a hexaphalluspede - don't follow in it's footsteps
Beware its poisonous sting?

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 04:11:42 pm »

was it had sex legs!!!

???

Beware its poisonous sting?
Ba-Dum TSS!

decius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:45 pm »

I like flame beasts. Send some war dogs after it; they will rip 'tissue' off of it until they hit the upper or lower body. Then they all die.
TBH, I think that all dwarf fortress problem solving falls either on the "Rube Goldberg" method, or the "pharaonic" one.
{Unicorns} produce more bones if the werewolf rips them apart before they die.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 05:34:01 pm »

While I've not dealt with FBs of flame, I've dealt with !!clowns!! whose only caveat was that they were on fire, they shred like tissue paper at the hands of passing potash makers, and the potash maker is still around, so this never was a big deal.
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 02:36:23 am »

Had a flame beast, or was it one that breathed fire?  Either way, it got into the bedroom section, which had a vein of coal through it.  Pretty soon most bedrooms were uninhabitable due to flame and smoke.  Even though it died reasonably quickly, it did require the evacuation of an entire level.

Because DF players are heavily into pain.
Pages: 1 [2]