Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I can has mayor? ...pls?  (Read 592 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
I can has mayor? ...pls?
« on: May 23, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »

Playing vanilla .25, its the first fort I've had in a while that actually interested me enough to keep going past the first year. Currently have a 3 yr old fort with nearly 100 dwarves all from imigration (only 1 birth so far), tons of wealth, caravans leave loaded with crap, not a single death has been had. While technically I should be a barron/county I still only have an expedition leader. Why?

Only other things worth noting is that I currently have invasions turned off, because I wanted to focus more on the building aspects of the game. And that my civ screen states that "this civ has no important leaders". As far as I know that only means I'll never get the king, not that I cant have any nobles ever.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can has mayor? ...pls?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:12:17 pm »

It might be a stupid question but do you have sufficient roads? I remember overhearing you need a certain road value or some such to be eligeble.
Never had a baron or anything like that myself so I'm probably wrong.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:16:45 pm »

It might be a stupid question but do you have sufficient roads? I remember overhearing you need a certain road value or some such to be eligeble.
Never had a baron or anything like that myself so I'm probably wrong.
Roads only count for the king, I believe.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:19:17 pm »

See I told you I'd be wrong

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:42:49 pm »

The mayor is a litle weird sometimes..I've had it show up late but that does sound like a long time.  Only req for Mayor is the 50 pop but it seems like it checks fairly infrequently
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 06:47:06 pm »

At what in-game date did your population go over 50? What is the current in-game date?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:47 am »

At what in-game date did your population go over 50? What is the current in-game date?

If I had to guess late-spring/early summer of my second year (1105). Fall has just started on my third year(1106). When I get up later I'll wait until the dwarven caravan comes and see what happens.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:37 am »

Elections seem to happen on the ~15th of Hematite every other year, so you'll probably get your mayor next summer.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.