Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: raw flag for trading?  (Read 586 times)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
raw flag for trading?
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »

i am kinda searching my self to death . can someone pls elevate me what flag i have to insert into the custom civs entity so they are able to trade with me? *just want to mod me  the tigermans of fortress defence a bit cause now all civs are hostile anytime*

thanks in advance

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: raw flag for trading?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »

Trading is actually the default... Sort of. The tags that make an entity not trade with you are [BABYSNATCHER] and [ITEM_THIEF]; entities with one are hostile to all other that do not possess the same one.

However, it is also the case that creatures who cannot speak will be hostile to all other races. An entity associated with a creature without [CAN_SPEAK] or [INTELLIGENT] will be mindlessly hostile. This, in fact, is the method FortDefense uses for its mindless hostiles. Just go into creature_fortdefense, find the white tigermen entry, and add [CAN_SPEAK] and they should go friendly (though they might not if their ethics are too different from yours; haven't checked).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:38:41 pm »

ah the can speak thingy was it thanks again :) it was just about the chance  to trade with em

edit: seems there is another flag preventing trade .. nothing changed and its not baby snatching thiefing or the can speak thing..well imma find out ..

edit 2: found it i had to change the creature raw not the entity^^
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:08:42 pm by schussel »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:13 pm »

ah the can speak thingy was it thanks again :) it was just about the chance  to trade with em

edit: seems there is another flag preventing trade .. nothing changed and its not baby snatching thiefinh or the can speak thing..well imma find out ..
Are you trying this in a pre-existing save? Did you edit the main raws, or the save raws? Also, it might be the case that the tigermen are at war with you due to ethical differences, or it might be that these modifications don't work after world gen and/or embark.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:44 pm »

na as said in the edited post CAN_SPEAK was not enabled in the creature file .. [] added there did the trick :)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 11:28:17 pm »

So, if you have a civilization without speech tags, they'll attack ASAP? Or do you have to specify the time they come?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:17:38 am »

They used to, but I am not sure. Werewolves in genesis are designed this way, and they used to attack in the first winter, but now nobody sees them so it may be changed.

Also ACTIVE_SEASON shows when they trade.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:49 am »

I guess you could just add    [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 02:02:07 pm »

no that was cool

it was the [CAN_SPEAK] flag but not at the Entity file but in the creature file for me