Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Danger Room - Job Cancellation Spam, Bug?  (Read 422 times)

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Danger Room - Job Cancellation Spam, Bug?
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:47:12 am »

Normally I don't care about the legion of pets that path to the danger room but in my latest fort it seems to be causing a lot of job cancellation messages. Some dog will get it's teeth knocked out by a spike, then die. The dogs body will get tossed in a coffin, but then a series of "Urist McBurial cannot place item in tomb, item misplaced" occur, all going after the part of the pet that was knocked loose. If I forbid the part the messages stop.

If Urist can get the the dogs body while pointy sticks are trying to ram themselves up his ass, why is picking up a loose tooth a problem? Has it always been this way with danger rooms, or did I just realize it this time (guess I'll have to dig up my old game folders and try it), or is something new with .18?

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Re: Danger Room - Job Cancellation Spam, Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:04:44 am »

Have you disallowed pets from tombs? (as the default in the init file or toggling it in-game) It seems that would make your dwarves stop wanting to entomb pets.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:35:39 am »

Does burying a pet give the owner a happy thought? Need all the happiness I can get after 45 or so pet deaths.

***It appears that the same issue will occur taking the parts to the refuse pile instead of the tomb.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 02:42:21 am »

If you've got the time you can try making a mist generator, it works wonders. I've never buried a pet so I wouldn't know about the pet burying thing.