Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accidentally visiting the Circus  (Read 859 times)

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Accidentally visiting the Circus
« on: November 24, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »

Now, I'm not normally the type to shy away from visiting the circus once in a while.  But I do draw the line on finding the circus while exploring the lower level caves in a fort.

I mentioned in a previous post that I looked around a bit with the reveal utility in DFHack because I was curious about a massive square block of molten stone that turned out to be the zone boundary between two climates, and resulted in a rather unusual situation where I could get into the circus without getting any cotton candy first, the result of one magma sea starting a good 30 stories beneath the bottom layer of the magma sea to one side of it.  Meanwhile, on the other side, there's a 'magma pool' placed such that it's no longer a pool, having drained away into the circus.  Which it leads directly to.

I restarted from a previous save and am now walling off the cave, which is a little disappointing because it means some of my FB's are going to pile up, and I won't be able to hunt them down without sending in the clowns as well.

[Edit] Um.  Why is there a 'Boiling wraith shell' in my stockpile screen?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:42:31 pm by shadowform »
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally visiting the Circus
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 01:44:10 am »

Uh. This is. Um.

Okay.

The shell, that's from one of the clowns. The rest. Uh. I. I don't have a goddamn clue.
くコ:彡