Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the skill associated with strand extraction?  (Read 657 times)

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's the skill associated with strand extraction?
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:01 am »

I'm setting out to reclaim a fort that got overrun by a goblin siege before I finished building the wall. I had like 5 unskilled dwarves working full time turning raw adamantine into adamantine thread, but it was still painfully slow. Is there a skill i can max out in one of the dwarves I'm sending in that would make him process the thread faster?

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: What's the skill associated with strand extraction?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:28:43 am »

The skill is strand extraction.

I do not believe, however, that it is possible to invest skills in it. The only way is to get a migrant with the skill or train a random dorf by extracting strands.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the skill associated with strand extraction?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:45 am »

The skill is strand extraction.

I do not believe, however, that it is possible to invest skills in it. The only way is to get a migrant with the skill or train a random dorf by extracting strands.

Okay, thank you.