Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'm Eating My Cookie!  (Read 2528 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Eating My Cookie!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:43 pm »

I think this may be the differing paradigm between how Canadians view their press and how Americans view their press. This guy is an asshole. People are dying, he has not fixed anything, and when the people come to ask him why he isn't doing his job, he waves a cookie in their face and laughs at them.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

And it was hilarious.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:06 am »

I think this may be the differing paradigm between how Canadians view their press and how Americans view their press. This guy is an asshole. People are dying, he has not fixed anything, and when the people come to ask him why he isn't doing his job, he waves a cookie in their face and laughs at them.
But they apparently had a press conference in half an hour where they would have questions answered. Was there any real need to follow the man around like that?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 12:27:06 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:13:20 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 12:32:43 pm »

In fact he may have been asked not to talk to the press prior to the conference, something which is quite common.
Pages: 1 2 [3]