Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Strange moods: have any of them ever made you mad?  (Read 2596 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange moods: have any of them ever made you mad?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 01:37:05 am »

One of my armorers made a right lead low boot.
I don't know how good that is stats wise, but it's gotta be hella impractical.

Depends on how it was used. I can see a very practical purpose involving a noble and a deep pit of water.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 01:40:59 am »

This is a featherwood war hammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of platinum. This object menaces with spikes of platinum, obsidian and morion. On the item is an image of Zokun Dastotom Zansonggarem Onol, Bronze Colossus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Featherwood is the second-lightest material in the game, isn't it?
くコ:彡

KProject

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 09:24:11 am »

Okay, so I had a moody dwarf begging for spider silk cloth. I didn't have any, but a helpful caravan showed up just in time to supply me with some.

...The moody dwarf went berserk on her way back from the trade depot and killed three other dwarves before I could put her down.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 12:20:56 pm »

If they've ever made me mad? yeah.

See it's like this. The caravan gets chased away and there's a famine. Friggin' out of nowhere 20-30 more mouths to feed come marching in. GREAT... this only adds to the disaster. and then one of them gets a mood. i was like FFUUUUUUUU my value is going to skyrocket and there'll be MORE dwarves coming in and I CAN'T FEED THEM AS IT IS

but the "artifact" was a pretty worthless sock so i calmed down again.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

If they've ever made me mad? yeah.

See it's like this. The caravan gets chased away and there's a famine. Friggin' out of nowhere 20-30 more mouths to feed come marching in. GREAT... this only adds to the disaster. and then one of them gets a mood. i was like FFUUUUUUUU my value is going to skyrocket and there'll be MORE dwarves coming in and I CAN'T FEED THEM AS IT IS

but the "artifact" was a pretty worthless sock so i calmed down again.
Story of my current fort, dude(tte). How I long for the announcement that "your fortress attracted no migrant this season".  :'(
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 2 [3]