Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: making a golem race  (Read 508 times)

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help: making a golem race
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:26:36 pm »

How do I go about making a playable golem race for adventure mode? I don't want them building a civilization, I just want to play as them. What I had in mind was a somewhat slower but larger and stronger human that could take quite a bit more damage than a human can.

I first became interested in playing as golems in the Elona roguelike. I believe a typical golem in that game can be around 23 feet tall.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Help: making a golem race
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:36:47 pm »

You could just copy the Bronze Colossus raws and tweak it to your liking. then make an new Entity raw for them...this links will help:

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Creature_tokens
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Entity_token
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:42:37 pm »

For the strength, damage-taking, etc. read up on what individual attributes do and then read up and implement the PHYS_ATT tags to your liking (remember, 5000 is [typically?] max numbers for stats, 150 usually the baseline 'lowest'. Not sure if it could go up or down but that's the lowest and highests I've ever seen). As for them being playable without a civilization, you can't quite exactly get away with that but you could use examples from where other modders have made underground beastmen civs and just make sure it has [INDIV_PLAYABLE] and that the [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE] is something other than CITY, for the time being, and so on so forth. I haven't really messed with those types of things, but it should work to a good degree.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 06:57:52 pm »

you'll also probably want to change the bronze in the bronze collosi to some kind of stone.
Don't know why, but slate comes to mind first.