Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: thinking about making a fishbowl  (Read 522 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
thinking about making a fishbowl
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:24:26 am »

my fortress is kinda in a valley so im thinking that i can build an above ground fortress close off all above ground entrances and damn the river as well as any other areas that the rivir migh flow in a kind of sphere also i may need to board up the volcano so it doesnt flood flood with watter. it should be able to drain in emergencies.. what im excited for is when under siege i can just flood the entire map as well as trap them inside the fishbowl. maybe its more like a snowglobe than a fishbowl....only problem is that the water freezes during winter...........
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: thinking about making a fishbowl
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:35 am »

punctuation
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:28:17 am »

Well, you would need pumps.  Damning a river wont cause it to backflow and reach a higher waterlevel.  And could carving the bowl out of cast obsidian register the tiles as underground possibly?
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:48:02 am »

Or dig the bowl underground
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.