Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two prisoners-related questions:  (Read 1166 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Two prisoners-related questions:
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »

Or simply designate a dump zone on 1 tile of the drawbridge while down, and then designate that particular cage for dumping. If you don't value the cage, that is. Otherwise yeah, you'd have to build the cage you want to discard and swap the prisoner into it.
No. I can't do that. Not because I value the cage, but because I want to see them flying through the air.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 12:37:40 pm »

Or simply designate a dump zone on 1 tile of the drawbridge while down, and then designate that particular cage for dumping. If you don't value the cage, that is. Otherwise yeah, you'd have to build the cage you want to discard and swap the prisoner into it.
No. I can't do that. Not because I value the cage, but because I want to see them flying through the air.

Oh, and to save you from wasting time - I tried to push them off the map with pressurised water, and that didn't work.
Good luck on the drawbridge part.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 12:46:57 pm »

It's ok. They will either get catapulted out or fall to the ground and die (since I will be catapulting from 6-7 Z levels up, maybe more). I'll be satisfied either way.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:52 pm »

If you take a regular catapult and shoot out the side of the map, does not the stone stop there and drop?
Catapulted stones will pass off the edge of the map. Kinda sucks when ops scour the fortress for the rare cobaltite and cinnabar to chuck into the void. I like those colors :(

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:26 pm »

You need a cliff (dwarf made towers works), and an inescapable drawbridge ledge.  Pit the goblins off the cliff and onto the ledge and pull the trigger....
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

The problem is that the prisoners sometimes ESCAPE while your trusty slaves are dragging them to the pit. Hence my questions as to how to avoid this.
Pages: 1 [2]