Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles since 31.18  (Read 936 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobles since 31.18
« on: November 21, 2010, 05:59:50 am »

Quick question here.

Has anyone noticed anything peculiar with nobles since .18 was released?

I started up a pair of new forts, both now have ~80 dwarves and neither has elected a mayor yet (seem to recall that came at 50).  Both still have sheriffs too since CotG comes with the mayor.  Can I get a baron if mayor was missed for some reason?  (I know the workaround to get offered a barony, just checking it doesnt need a mayor or something dumb)

Any ideas for why this bunch just wont elect?  commie bastards?
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles since 31.18
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:27:09 am »

You know. I don't think dwarves decide "okay we're not officially strong enough that we need a mayor. let's get one asap" like that .. it's more like "okay guys we probably need a leader, let's elect one in say .. Hematite"

i don't know what month they pick or why but they can take some time electing. mine elected at population 57... so just wait for it. if they haven't elected one in a year then it's a bug.

you should be glad though .. mayor worknets loves platinum items and she thinks that failing to make her platinum items is a 4 times worse offense than assaulting someone ... and of course the militia is to blame. who else?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:28:24 am »

(seem to recall that came at 50)
I've gotten 31.16 mayors at 20 dwarfs without modding
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:07:21 pm »

I've got 33 dwarves (pop cap 20) and a baron->count->duke, if that's the same thing.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »

I got a a mayor fairly late, around 80 + dwarves, and I finally got a baron for the first time since 40d.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."