Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Incest  (Read 1641 times)

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incest
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:35:03 pm »

So, I made a fort where I had two goals.

1.  I will strike the Earth and immediately close it behind me, having no outside help after taking the supplies and animals inside.

2.  I will inhabit the caverns.  No sissy walling myself in a corner either; creatures can wander in.

Anyway, my starting 7 dwarves consisted of 2 males and 5 females.  There is a lover pair, but unfortunately my two men were the soldiers, and the one that isn't bonded had his foot ripped off by a cave crocodile.  I suppose I could put my meeting hall in his hospital room to get him a mate, but I don't know if he would procreate in any case. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if I'm pretty much not going to have any second generation, since there will only be one family with kids.  My hope would be that they bear at least 3 sons (hopefully lots of children), who all bond with some of the starting seven, or if they choose mates based on age, will produce offspring with each other.

If not, I may be forced to take in some of the migrants stranded outside.  One has already gone insane and killed two others before being struck down, which was fun to watch, but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

UPDATE:

Alright, I've never put much thought into dwarvenly romance but now I realize that it seems to be very rare.

After some airlocks were put in, I was able to get 3 migrant unbound males into my main fortress.  I have a dining room and statue garden, and every dwarf has their own room.  Except for my two military dwarves, almost 100% of the time my dwarves are just sitting in these halls talking, and yet no two have become lovers besides the two that already were (and they STILL haven't created a child, or even gotten married).  A GCS snuck into the fortress proper without me noticing, and took out two dwarves before my swordsdwarf was able to get to it and quickly cut off all its legs and kill it (taking no damage, of course).  I suppose in the future I'll put my barracks in between the caverns and the dining hall, but that isn't what's important.  Quite honestly, it's pretty clear that surviving in the first layer isn't that hard, so maybe if I go again I'll go down to the second layer.  Also, one of the dwarves killed was the man in the lover pair and the other was my farmer, so I think I'm going to give up on this fortress. 

The bloodbath outside is pretty cool though, if people want some screenshots I can get them.  Most of the people going berserk didn't have weapons, which I tried to remedy by putting them in the military, but that didn't work for whatever reason.  Anyway, finally a high master miner went berserk and soon body parts were flying.  I don't even know how he was killed, he suddenly bled out after being hit somewhere in his 40-someodd page combat log of utterly decimating whatever he encountered.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:14:07 pm by Namfuak »

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incest
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:27:24 pm »

I like your goals.

And I suggest you take a few migrants and lock them into breeding chambers.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:24 pm »

Use your gestapo
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:19:29 pm »

They seem like interesting goals. But you better pray you have enough wood for barrels from those caverns

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:28 pm »

You better pray these migrants don't turn into ghosts to haunt you. Completely ruined my hermit challenge.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 12:10:59 am »

You better pray these migrants don't turn into ghosts to haunt you. Completely ruined my hermit challenge.
That actualy gives me an idea for another challenge: Ghost survival.

Kill all migrants that arrive, try to survive for as long as possible with just the original 7, don't make memorial slabs.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »

I have at least 10 dead migrants by now (I embarked next to a river in case there wasn't water in the caverns, which is what killed me before, so they can drink and hunt for vermin).  I think 4 have popped up as ghosts, and quite honestly they don't do much to my main dwarves besides clock them occasionally.  I think that they prefer to hang around the invalid dwarves since they were friends with them.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »

Just give them some slabs.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:34 pm »

Uhhh...hehe...uhh...My sister's hot.