Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding the elusive Steel equipment  (Read 925 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding the elusive Steel equipment
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:12:47 am »

Hello

Due to a rather long encounter with a Colossus, i'm trying to find a way to get some steel weapon. I havent actually got any steel weapon as of now, and while i like the MASSIVE xp the colossus gave i would have like to finish the job when i wanted.

So yeah, any tricks to get some steel weapons, place i should check? Same thing for armor, of course.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the elusive Steel equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 01:16:41 am »

I would assume you keep doing bandit quests to the point where you get it.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:21:51 am »

I guess, i've cleared about 15 camps, and have yet to find any kind of steel. Same thing for a hydra hoard and a Colossus...

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 01:32:27 am »

Look for bandit camps near dwarf settlements.  Since they raid nearby places, you'll find dwarf stuff in their loot piles.  There will also be steel armor occasionally, but it will be dwarf/elf/goblin sized. 

Or you can mod dwarves to be bandits in your next world.  That's what I did.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 03:38:59 am »

I find stuff in lairs, fuck camps. Lairs is where you find remains of dwarves&elves, and while this primarily = armor for those two races, it also means you'll find wooden, and steel weapons, respectively. Steel is still rare though, so you'll probably have to go through ~8 lairs before you find anything of that quality, and then it'll likely be a weapon you're not skilled in. GL
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:32 am »

I just started with a steel shield and shortsword on a demigod dwarf character, i didn't think that was possible.
Too bad he got an infection from his second night creature encounter.

heh, that somehow sounds wrong
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:10:27 am by nomad »
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.