Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Ghostbusters...  (Read 941 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
No Ghostbusters...
« on: November 21, 2010, 05:24:57 pm »

So, I abandoned a fortress after a massive tantrum spiral claimed most of my dwarves. Upon reclaim, ghosts started rising from the corpses of the previous inhabitants. I went to make memorials for them...

but their names do not show up on the list of eligible engravings.

This is becoming a problem, as the one violent ghost has already thrown one mechanic into the canyon to his death, and smacked my chief medical dwarf something fierce.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Ghostbusters...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 05:37:34 pm »

The only thing I can think of is to...

FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAAAYY!
NSFW

Of course, I may have been watching way too much of that lately.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 05:44:22 pm »

And just when I was starting to think asian(feel free to correct me) television couldn't possibly get any weirder.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 06:57:03 pm »

We'll have to make particle accelerating Proton Packs that can apprehend the negatively charged ectoplasmic entities!

Wait, I slipped into a nerdial trance for a second there.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 09:12:55 pm »

but their names do not show up on the list of eligible engravings.

Post this on the mantis bug tracker, it seems like an official "not intended behavior" type bug.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 09:23:58 pm »

And just when I was starting to think asian(feel free to correct me) television couldn't possibly get any weirder.
This shit got gainax all over it, THEY POLE DANCE AS THEY TRANSFORM WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EV-

Erm, yea, ghosts are pretty much invincible, and if you reclaim their names don't show up on the list, so failed fortresses are pretty much permanent haunted sites at the moment.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 10:55:27 pm »

This shit got gainax all over it, THEY POLE DANCE AS THEY TRANSFORM WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EV-

Erm, yea, ghosts are pretty much invincible, and if you reclaim their names don't show up on the list, so failed fortresses are pretty much permanent haunted sites at the moment.

this seems as a nice embark feature  :) sustain a fortress while ghosties are around tormenting your people :)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 11:03:40 pm »

You are so unbelievably wrong that my head metaphysically imploded onto a singularity, consuming the whole world in the resulting black hole.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:13 pm »

The only thing I can think of is to...

NSFW

Of course, I may have been watching way too much of that lately.

so they killed a ghost with there "pantsu" hmmmmm how hillarious is that....also is this show really meant for children?
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----