Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BUG  (Read 737 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BUG
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:42 pm »

I slayed a bandit camp with my spearman party member then i told a child my success/spread the newws in the town where i accepted the quest. Now no npc wants to talk to me even my allied, they say: don't talk to me. And i can't fast travel it says i need to leave the area but even if i go far from town i can't, it seems my allied is still following me and not attacking me but won't talk to me. Help

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BUG
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:10:28 pm »

Run them through with your blade~

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:16:17 pm »

Is it cause i told a child i pwned a bandit?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:19:45 pm »

I don't know what causes it, but I've heard of a similar glitch wherein when you buy something from a shopkeep, the game gives him back ownership of the item, so everyone thinks you stole something.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:21:20 pm »

OH THAT MUST BE IT, i picked up gold coins in the bandit camp! They were titled to a character maybe i was considered a thief O_O

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:23:43 pm »

However, wouldn't you be considered a thief before you even talked to the child? or is it because once you reported the quest is done the coins belong to the town again.

That wouldn't make sense, because I have a breastplate I took from a camp and nobody seems to mind.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:25:28 pm »

I got this glitch as well; I hadn't stolen anything. I don't know what the trigger was.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 01:26:37 pm »

Odd i hope they fix it

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:21 pm »

I think this is fixed in 31.18. It was a bug that made you into a civ enemy if you returned to a shop, or something like that.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:17 pm »

What race were you, and was the town human?  Any mods?  I've had weird things like this happen playing elves.  Things are still very screwy with how the game handles which civs are friendly and which are at war.

If you want to play it safe, you could start with an outsider character.

I actually started an elf demigod who got jumped by two dwarf bandits, and they immediately started fighting each other.  I could talk to one bandit so I recruited him!  He laid waste to an entire dwarf village with his steel axe before dying.  (kept the axe as a memento b/c it has us both listed as slayer) The only problem was he wasn't a proper companion, so if I walked into him, I'd attack him instead of pushing him out of the way and he'd go hostile, turn into a smiley face, and start listing all the villagers he'd slaughtered.