Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crutch walking bug: 0.31.18  (Read 1495 times)

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
crutch walking bug: 0.31.18
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:00:30 am »

My adventurer picked up a pair of crutches in a general store to test out how they work.  Seemed to work fine: speed was slower and he gained skill points in crutch-walking. Unfortunately after he stopped using the crutches his speed didn't return to normal, and he was still gaining skill points.   :(
I guess the crutch flag didn't get erased properly.  I tried sneaking and crawling around while using them, and maybe that confused the game or something? idk.   
Kinda sucks.  I wonder if he walks in circles long enough, if he'll eventually move at full speed again as a legendary crutch-walker.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: crutch walking bug: 0.31.18
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:35:12 am »

It's probably because he only recovered well enough to actually stand but not well enough to run/move as fast as he used to...kinda' like in real life.

It's possible that he would regain his speed slowly but surely as he recovers more as time passes but depending on the severity of the old wounds, this may take quite a while (it's even possible to not recover 100%...but you say he's still gaining stats so he might not have reached his speed limit even before the injury or that's actually the recovery rate kicking in). Lot's of "maybe's" huh?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:37:37 am »

It's probably because he only recovered well enough to actually stand but not well enough to run/move as fast as he used to...kinda' like in real life.

It's possible that he would regain his speed slowly but surely as he recovers more as time passes but depending on the severity of the old wounds, this may take quite a while (it's even possible to not recover 100%...but you say he's still gaining stats so he might not have reached his speed limit even before the injury or that's actually the recovery rate kicking in). Lot's of "maybe's" huh?
If I understand the OP, his adventurer wasn't injured. He was just trying crutch walking out on a healthy person.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:42:58 am »

The flag gets cleared when you drop the crutch and doesn't when you, say, put it into a backpack or throw it.
It is a known bug, afair.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:06:01 pm »

...I lost an epic character to this one. It first I thought the Titian I had slain may have poisoned me, My speed went from about 1600 to around 500. I guess its all because I threw the crutch I accidentally drew at a kobold instead of dropping it. At least the poor guy finished off the two quests on his list and a named human ambush leader before I got frustrated and retired him at a castle.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:07:34 pm »

If I've lost ability to walk because of a spinal injury will a crutch allow me to learn to walk again? =(

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 12:48:57 am »

It only helps if you have at least one working leg.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:59 am »

What if you had two crutches?! Time for !!science!!

Edit: ....Wow. The new fall damage stuff is awesome! :D Forgot crutches, though. And besides... My adventurer kinda went completely squish.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:09:51 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:44:02 am »

I just had a well-crafted crutch adorned with oak rings and gold etchings. When my leg was chopped off, I equipped and suddenly I could jump and dodge like before! Wierd.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:47:32 am »

Sadly, two crutches are no better than one. Tested.