Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plea for help, how can I find one of my companions?  (Read 933 times)

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plea for help, how can I find one of my companions?
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:19:15 am »

I knew her best by the nickname "Knives". She was my first companion, she had more kills then me, including 2 megabeasts, no armor, and but a simple iron carving knife. She was only wounded once, on her foot, despite everyone around her falling in the most twisted of ways. She was an angel of battle... and she's disappeared. She won't even show up on the c screen, but I dummy'd the save and checked legends, she's still alive. Somewhere. Could she have gone back home? I'm halfway across the continent, and I'd rather not cross that massive expanse of forest again (I lost 10 men inside it last time, and it's too large to cross without experiencing a night) if she's likely to be near where I lost her.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Plea for help, how can I find one of my companions?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 02:34:53 am »

Do you see a "-" symbol in the 't'ravel map? That's usually some NPC migrating or travelling & it might just be your battle partner trying to get home or al least get to a nearby town/hamlet. (Hope you remember where you "lost" her)

You might need to invite her again...or she'll just happily run back to your side. Just hope she doesn't get ambushed by other hostiles.

Keep us posted in what may happen/ed, additional info is always appreciated.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 02:44:24 am »

Do you see a "-" symbol in the 't'ravel map? That's usually some NPC migrating or travelling & it might just be your battle partner trying to get home or al least get to a nearby town/hamlet. (Hope you remember where you "lost" her)

You might need to invite her again...or she'll just happily run back to your side. Just hope she doesn't get ambushed by other hostiles.

Keep us posted in what may happen/ed, additional info is always appreciated.

No symbol I can see, although I'm not exactly sure where I lost her, when it happened I Travelled away thinking she'd catch up easier that way. But she was just gone. I took a small army with me intent of killing the hydra that I'm out here to do in, but they got slaughtered and I almost died. Put in perspective what my priorities should be. Anyway, I'm basically tooling around out here looking for her at this point. Would the symbol also show up on Q?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 02:54:12 am »

One weird thing i've done that usually works for me (may be just for me) is to retire in a nearby village and then go play that adventurer again, my lost companions always join me for some reason when i return...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:43 am »

Just tried it, didn't work for me.

Also, my adventurer's doppelganger died to goblins. Woops. Luckily I haven't messed with the main save

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:12:10 am »

I lost a companion once on an old character, in the icy north of the world... I shed a few tears then got back to adventuring, and quite a long time later I was in a town, talking to the locals, and the missing guy (He had no legs) crawled up to me, and told me some horror story about the savage beasts in the north. It was... awesome. Dunno how he managed it, though. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:27 am »

I lost a companion once on an old character, in the icy north of the world... I shed a few tears then got back to adventuring, and quite a long time later I was in a town, talking to the locals, and the missing guy (He had no legs) crawled up to me, and told me some horror story about the savage beasts in the north. It was... awesome. Dunno how he managed it, though. :D
Did he say something special, or was this after you asked him about surroundings or something?