Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Statue descriptions  (Read 4703 times)

Thorzog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Statue descriptions
« on: November 22, 2010, 11:53:38 pm »

I've read on the forums here and on the Dwarf Fortress Wiki that statues depict images of dwarves, animals, ect. I have made several gold statues from gold at a smelter's but when I look at the statue with k I can't see what they depict. So I was wondering if this is something related to statue quality (lower quality ones do not have descriptions) or is there some other way to see what they are.

Issue solved thanks to forsaken1111. Use 'T' to view statues.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:10:35 pm by Thorzog »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statue descriptions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:28 am »

Somebody else can probably be more helpful, since I haven't played a fort in a little while, and it's easy to forget stuff like this.  But I believe you use K to look at something.  Once you've selected it, I think it brings up a screen that has like the item name and maybe how much it weighs, and there should be something that says Description.  I think the hotkey for it was V, but I could be wrong, and I don't know why I think that.

Again, I'm not sure if I've got it right, but it seems like the problem is you're only looking at the item and not the description, so I think you're like halfway there.

Thorzog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:15:20 am »

I use 'K' over the statue and it lists the smoothed floor and the statues. I try to hit enter to look at it but nothing happens. I also tried hitting 'K' again. Here is a screen shot of what I see when I use 'K' to look at a statue. When I have 'gold Statue' highlighted I press enter and nothing comes up. I'm using v0.31.16 and have edited the raws for no whips, no exotic animals and dwarf limit at 50.

By zelfar at 2010-11-22
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:08:31 pm by Thorzog »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:16:12 am »

I think it's because statues are buildings. Use t to list what is 'in' the building and you should see the statue.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:19:39 am »

I think it's because statues are buildings. Use t to list what is 'in' the building and you should see the statue.

Oh yeah, it should be this!  I think you can just look at them when they're in a stockpile, but it's different for buildings.  I forget that even when I'm playing.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 01:06:48 am »

If you want to know what they are of while placing them, you can hit "x" in the build menu as well. 

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 01:39:02 am »

[t] then [enter], then [v] lets you see what frightening monstrosity your dwarves have crafted - rats eating a dwarf is my worst so far....

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 02:42:12 am »

[t] then [enter], then [v] lets you see what frightening monstrosity your dwarves have crafted - rats eating a dwarf is my worst so far....
I had an obsidian of a really fat male dwarf wearing the groundhog leather thong artifact my dwarves created year 2.

I thought maybe it was at least a cute female dwarf or something, but no. It's one of my nobles... and he is very very fat.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 02:50:55 am »

I had an obsidian of a really fat male dwarf wearing the groundhog leather thong artifact my dwarves created year 2.

I thought maybe it was at least a cute female dwarf or something, but no. It's one of my nobles... and he is very very fat.
*ROFL*
It should be used as motivation stuff!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:53 am »

Oh sweet Armok...
... that should make a great invasion repellent at the entrance of the fort.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 05:19:14 pm »

Sounds like a noble sumo dwarf!
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 08:59:47 pm »

Oh sweet Armok...
... that should make a great invasion repellent at the entrance of the fort.
TREASURE ABOU-. . .
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.