Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal - Game Over!  (Read 67546 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal - Game Over!
« Reply #525 on: January 09, 2011, 04:25:14 pm »

Well, I'm never one for Bastard games, but that was pretty fun.  Hindsight being 20/20, there should have been a Mass Claim before killing the second Dopp, just to see what was going on.  Particularly with the Leafsnail / ToonyMan thing.

I feel pretty good about the game, having managed to talk myself out of getting bandwagon-lynched, getting a dopp lynched instead, and giving my life protecting a town Agent from two kills.  Even if had I been lynched instead the game probably would have gone better for the town. :)

So far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer you run a few vanilla Paranormals before running another Bastard game.  Don't have to be *quite* as paranoid.  I'll join either though.

Org:
I see what you were doing now and I understand why you did it.  It was still rather stupid though.  You were a town War Vet, and by acting so much like the Jester, it was almost guaranteed that someone would try to figure out your actual alignment.

Problem is, the scum already knew you weren't one of them, so they wouldn't bother to target you so you were just killing townies.  What's more, you were being distracting and not helpful at all to the town, so there wasn't even a reason for the dopps to target you for the nightkill, which is probably the best use of a town War Vet...

All in all, you've just managed to convince me that you're even more worth policy-lynching Day 1.

On that note though, I do withdraw my objection to the Spore Spreader.  For some reason, I didn't realize that they needed to eventually work with the town to actually win.  Essentially, they're a slightly stronger, town-aligned Survivor (stronger because they don't necessarily lose if they die).  Be interesting to see how one works out in a non-Bastard game.
Don't worry Janus.
I think you're useless too.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 09, 2011, 04:26:08 pm »

Well, I'm never one for Bastard games, but that was pretty fun.  Hindsight being 20/20, there should have been a Mass Claim before killing the second Dopp, just to see what was going on.  Particularly with the Leafsnail / ToonyMan thing.
"Well, we can always massclaim after we lynch the confirmed dopp.  I mean, what kind of game would punish us for lynching scum?"

:P

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #527 on: January 09, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »

"Well, we can always massclaim after we lynch the confirmed dopp.  I mean, what kind of game would punish us for lynching scum?"

:P
Of course. :)

Mephansteras: What would have have done if I had objected to the Shortening in the Dead Chat?  I was considering doing it, but a part of that had to do with the meta knowledge that most players were about to lose. (Even without that, Day 3 went by too quickly. :-\)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 09, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »

Sadly, the dead can't vote to change the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 09, 2011, 06:33:24 pm »

If you decide to run a real game, I'll co-mod again.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]