Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Generating castles - Mayday graphics set.  (Read 988 times)

OrionKale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Generating castles - Mayday graphics set.
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »

So, I've been having a problem with generating any sort of castles in any world. I finally fixed that problem, but am now running into very strange things.

I use the mayday graphics tileset. But for generating my world, I went ahead and downloaded a new 31.18 and generated a world there without any sort of out of the ordinary tileset.

Once my world was generated, I simply moved my region1 into my save folder that I had switch out the graphics in, and started to play. I noticed that dwarfs were extinct, but oh well - this world was specifically for adventure, and I prefer human.

So, I start my adventure as a human, start out in a hamlet, and start looking for a quest. First thing I notice is that this new world isn't referencing the mayday graphics set for many of the objects. Or, it's using the wrong files.

Currently, all humans in towns are the letter U, all soldiers are the crab graphic, and me and anyone in my party is what used to be the graphic for a standard human peasant. I'm a Great swordsman, so that's wrong too.

When I open up another world, and play in it, all graphics are correct and as intended.

But, I got castles! Finally!

And people are giving me quests! So many delicious questsss!

Any idea on what the hell's going on ?

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generating castles - Mayday graphics set.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:48:49 am »

Too tired to go fetch the relevant posts, but suffice to say it's in the .17 update log thread post thing somewhere.  Some tile assignments have been changed, so the weird human stuff you're seeing is because humans now have differentiated class tiles (U for non-military, U with the umlaut for military, similar convention with elves.. now they use a small e for "military" elves; those are just two examples, it's been changed elsewhere as well), so if you're just trying to port a pre-.17 graphics set to any post-.17 world, you're going to run into weirdness.  I'm not sure that mayday has been made fully .17+ compatible, so you might want to check its dedicated thread in the mod subforum.  From what I understand, it's going to take a bit of real work to get it sorted.

Disclaimer: I don't run any graphics sets, but your symptoms seem to fit my diagnosis.
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generating castles - Mayday graphics set.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:43:49 am »

Have you tried to update the save-file with the save file updater or copying/merging the primary "raw" folder with the raw folder located in your save file?

Desktop\Dwarf Fortress\df_31_18_win -- "raw" <-- The one you encounter immediately.
Desktop\Dwarf Fortress\df_31_18_win\data\save\region1 -- "raw" <-- The one that's getting merged.

If Mike didn't put it in there, get the save file updater from one of the other tilesets, place it in your directory and use it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:45:30 am by xDarkz »