Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege Creatures  (Read 924 times)

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Siege Creatures
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:34:04 pm »

What is it that makes Trolls accompany goblin sieges? I had a few ideas for units that I could mod in to increase siege difficulty, but I'm not sure exactly which tags cause trolls to occasionally join in on Goblin sieges.

Also, if I were to mod in a few other siege races, what would I have to do to control the creatures that each race brought along on sieges (for example, if I mod in Orcs and want them to occasionally bring (modded) Ogres and have Goblins keep Trolls but never have Orcs bring Trolls or Goblins bring Ogres, what would I have to do?).

What about mounts? What controls the types of mounts that a siege civilization brings?

Is there any way to control the number of siege creatures that are brought along with sieges. A goblin siege usually consists of a number of parties of 16 goblins (possibly mounted) and sometimes parties of... I believe 6 (though I could be off) Trolls. For example, what would I have to do if I wanted a party of modded creatures to only have one creature in it?

I doubt it, but is there any way to make a creature larger than 1 tile? If I could make a 3x3 creature (like the wagons back when they worked) and make it fire stone (like the Magma Crab) it could be a suitable version of a Goblin Catapult.

Thanks in advance for any help

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege Creatures
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:37:23 pm »

What is it that makes Trolls accompany goblin sieges?

Goblins use evil animals; goblins live in mountains; trolls are evil and live in mountains. In theory, it's that simple.

Is there any way to control the number of siege creatures that are brought along with sieges.

Not directly.

I doubt it, but is there any way to make a creature larger than 1 tile?

No.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »

Actually you can. You should make it a wagon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

What is it that makes Trolls accompany goblin sieges?

Goblins use evil animals; goblins live in mountains; trolls are evil and live in mountains. In theory, it's that simple.

Trolls live among the first three cavern layer actually, which is the important thing here, since goblin use underground animals. Anything that's evil and lives in the first cavern layer is a potential siege addition (plus whatever the goblin rulers drag out of the caves in addition to that). So to get orcs use ogres, it should suffice to give them the use of evil animals without the use of cave animals, and put them into the same general biomes.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu