Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way I can alter the amount / rate of Goblin attacks?  (Read 645 times)

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
Is there a way I can alter the amount / rate of Goblin attacks?
« on: November 17, 2010, 06:10:16 am »

The amount of attacks is a bit too high for my enjoyment, and I wish to change that.

No matter where I embark, even on an island that has no goblin homes on it, I always get dozens and dozens of goblin attacks every year. Usually four or five at a time, and at least two of those are lashers. I try to get cage traps and a working military, but all my good soldiers keep getting killed by constant attacks so I have to keep bringing in new ones (meaning my military always sucks) and I never have enough time to get rid of prisoners before the next attack comes.

I understand that Losing is Fun, but this isn't losing. Losing something implies there's a chance of you winning, or at least surviving. This is just me being kicked in the balls over and over. Not fun at all.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way I can alter the amount / rate of Goblin attacks?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:14 am »

You could remove some season tags from the entity_default raw for the Gobs. For example limit their attacks to winter time with deleting [ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING], [ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER] and [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN] out of their entity entry. This should lessen the frequency of gob terrorism and it's less likely that they mess with caravans then.

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:17:40 am »

You could remove some season tags from the entity_default raw for the Gobs. For example limit their attacks to winter time with deleting [ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING], [ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER] and [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN] out of their entity entry. This should lessen the frequency of gob terrorism and it's less likely that they mess with caravans then.

I'll do that, thank you.

Where do I find these tags?
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 06:22:36 am »

In raw/objects/entity_default.txt under the [ENTITY:EVIL] section which is the entry for the goblin civilisation.