Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So Much LOOOT!  (Read 918 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
So Much LOOOT!
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:09:54 pm »

:D :D

Killed a mass gobbo attack in the woods, I can just see my human walking along at the moment, I've got about 4 crossbows, several halberds, pikes, swords, hammers, bows, lots of helms and chainmail, all in my backpack!

All the armor is Small, so no wearing...

This has given me 2 major questions:

1. Whips are 'blunt'. Does this mean their strength comes from material density like maces? 'Cos I just picked up a Silver whip...

2. I can't find any shops. First adventure had a town that was basically shops shops shops house shops shops. Now, just houses... where am I meant to sell all my goblinite!?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: So Much LOOOT!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 04:12:41 pm »

Shops are yellow rectangles (block tile) on the adventure map. You should look for towns, hamlets do not have them.

And yeah, I stopped hauling stuff around already, but at first I carried two chests of armor and weapons because it was a bit unusual for the adventure mode :).

And whips are f*king lightsabers. Their damage definitely comes from density, but other yields are important too for you to be able to dismember enemies through steel armors.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »

So my Silver whip will own?

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention I'm a master lasher. :)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:18:13 pm »

Should i take the risk of shopping? last time i did no one wanted to talk to me cause of a bug

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »

I made Kobolds bigger, so loot has a point.

BTW, I first read your post as 'killed a Mass Hobo attack in the woods'
Everybody!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 04:44:31 pm »

It was really. :P

Got attacked again, they slowly killed all 10 of my soldier followers... so I whipped a few and slinked away... :S

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:33 pm »

Should i take the risk of shopping? last time i did no one wanted to talk to me cause of a bug
There's no bug, just don't pick up owned items, they are clearly noted by the coin symbols.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 05:05:16 pm »

OOPS i actually picked up a coin owned by the shopkeeper than xD. After selling an item where can i find the coins that should belong to me?

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:58:24 pm »

If it's a bug that made them think you stole things when you didn't, I think that bug might still be in. I've been labeled a thief twice without known reason.
OOPS i actually picked up a coin owned by the shopkeeper than xD. After selling an item where can i find the coins that should belong to me?
On the table next to the money chest, after a turn has passed.