Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Way To Influence People Joining Your Party?  (Read 978 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible Way To Influence People Joining Your Party?
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:18 pm »

So, I cant really even get anyone at all to join me on my adventures, is there a way to improve the chance?

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Way To Influence People Joining Your Party?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 04:51:41 pm »

Ask the soldiers in castles, no one else will join you (Besides bandits, if your friendly to them, and even then, if you go into a town they'll slaughter the civilians)
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:52:48 pm »

I'm using Mayday Green's tileset, I dont know what a castle would look like.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »

I got several villagers who wanted to go have some adventures. They actually turned out to be some of the best fighters, the most resilient at least. Maybe they didn't draw more attention than an armour-clad, giant hammer-swinging screaming dwarf. Their knives are awesome.
But knife-wielding rogues is pretty much the only thing you will get in the villages, save for an occasional warrior resting in one of the houses who will join you like any other. If you want armoured and well-armed adventurers to join you, head for a castle.
It's 1x3 to 3x3 on the travel map, not a single tile. Looks like a square/line of walls with a door.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:03:38 pm »

A large group of villagers do surprisingly well.  I wince from all those random twisting boning knives.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »

If you defeat a bandit leader, they'll be glad to join!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.