Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying liasions?  (Read 1975 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Flying liasions?
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:12:00 am »

So the dwarven caravan arrives.
I laugh, as while I have a trade depot, there is no way to get inside my fortress.

Suddenly, the liaison starts talks with my leader.
Inside the fortress.
After I've triple-checked and there is NO WAY IN.
CAN LIAISONS FLY OR BECOME INTANGIBLE OR SOMETHING?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
  • Favorite Rock: Obsidian
    • View Profile
Re: Flying liasions?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:09:32 am »

How far out are your fortress walls? I've heard of things spawning inside walls if they are close enough to the edge... like, right next to it.
Obsidian! the only rock that can be MADE by dwarfs!

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:35:14 am »

How far out are your fortress walls? I've heard of things spawning inside walls if they are close enough to the edge... like, right next to it.
Screenshot will come later, it won't capture atm, I'll describe it instead.
Next to my embark area (map centre) is a 12x12 pit
this pit, and the embark zone (up a hill) have been walled off and most of the ramps on the hill are gone. I cannot place buildings outside the wall, it says there are no materials.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:54:06 am »

Maybe your liaison is a demon or something. Check it's species.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:50 am »

I don't believe dwarves can have demon leaders
Something that you may want to check is where the actual liaison is
I've heard they can start a talk if they are within 3 squares of the mayor
no matter what it between them (but they still need to be in his office)
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:15:44 am »

I don't believe dwarves can have demon leaders
Something that you may want to check is where the actual liaison is
I've heard they can start a talk if they are within 3 squares of the mayor
no matter what it between them (but they still need to be in his office)
They were "fond of beer and industry" or whatever the dwarf decription was.
They got an entire z-level down, IN MY FOOD STOCKPILE.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:07 am »

They were "fond of beer and industry" or whatever the dwarf decription was.
They got an entire z-level down, IN MY FOOD STOCKPILE.
perhaps he fell! check your reports.
other than that, I cannot help you
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:10:03 am »

I currently have a fortress where trade caravans and liaisons routinely spawn in the middle of the map.  There's some kind of bug where if you embark in the right spot in the world there will be spots inside your map which are considered to be edge tiles for the purposes of things spawning.  I think it happens when you embark on a border between two world zones or something, but I'm not sure.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:56:05 am »

I currently have a fortress where trade caravans and liaisons routinely spawn in the middle of the map.  There's some kind of bug where if you embark in the right spot in the world there will be spots inside your map which are considered to be edge tiles for the purposes of things spawning.  I think it happens when you embark on a border between two world zones or something, but I'm not sure.
He is now a spectral liaison. He walked through a wall tile. Yay random occurrences.

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 08:58:27 am »

Are you playing 31.17?  Almost sounds like a bug related to certain new spoilery fun people have been talking about.  Read http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70253.0 for more info.
If not, I don't have a clue.

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
  • Favorite Rock: Obsidian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 09:05:56 am »

I've had strange instances where gobby mccrossbowgobby will fire a projectile through my solid floor and hit a dwarf under it in the gut... and also through a raised bridge... Doubt its related though.
Obsidian! the only rock that can be MADE by dwarfs!

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:49 am »

Are you playing 31.17?  Almost sounds like a bug related to certain new spoilery fun people have been talking about.  Read http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70253.0 for more info.
If not, I don't have a clue.
this is in 31.16