Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions dealing with quests.  (Read 575 times)

OrionKale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions dealing with quests.
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:29:55 pm »

As it goes for quite a few of us now,  this is the first version I've played adventurer.

A few questions, first dealing with quests.

Does everyone in a town share the same quest, and can I return news of killed X-bad-person to anyone of that same town?

If most of the people in town don't have a quest for me, will no one in town have a quest for me? I'm getting tired of asking every single person about it, and not finding anything.

Are dwarf civilizations implemented? I can't find them at all.

Thanks.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions dealing with quests.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »

I am not sure if everyone shares the same quests but if you go back to the town after completing a task you can tell anyone and it will register as having completed the quest.

if no one has a quest for you then the town is prolly fine...check your quest log. If they tell you to go get quests from someone else then its usually in your quest log as a quest.

Dwarf civs are implemented. They are in mountain areas and usually require some exploring to find on the local map.

OrionKale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »

I meant more of like, do I have to talk to Every Single Person to make sure there aren't any quests for me to do, or will just about everyone have it for me to complete?

I just started a new one after getting the shopkeeper glitch where everyone decides to hate you, and no one in any of the surrounding villages seems to have any quests. :[

If anyone is using the Mayday graphics set besides me, I would LOVE to know what some of these things on my compass mean. :[

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »

I think everyne in the same city have the same quest and you can deliver it to everyone of the same nation. I don't know if you can deliver it to anyone regardless of nation or not.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:24:02 pm »

I have found that when a town runs out of quests they redirect you to another town

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:21 pm »

I found that if you ask the same person for a quest over and over, they will give you different quests.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

CunningAllusionment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:02:54 am »

I think everyne in the same city have the same quest and you can deliver it to everyone of the same nation. I don't know if you can deliver it to anyone regardless of nation or not.

This is not true.  Quests are given by individual people so you (maddeningly) have to talk to every damn one of them.