Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ...wut...  (Read 3493 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: ...wut...
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 08:41:32 pm »

Not likely. Player characters (at least hero-level, don't know about peasants) have some text at the top of their Legends entry to signify that they were player-controlled. I believe there's something to the effect of "Although accounts vary, most historians agree that <character> was chosen by the gods as a vessel of destiny" or something like that. In addition, the first line in the entry should read "In <date at beginning of game>, <character> began wandering the wilds."
Though he may have just scrolled down a little.
Or Photoshop'd, hell, MS Paint could have redacted that little logo
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

drseptapus

• Bay Watcher
  • The peasant strangles the cat's throat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

My hero got that too. I thought it happened after you killed a bunch of megabeasts.
I'm sure by the time toady gets too old to program, DF will have reached a stage where as it is sentient enough to program itself.
It won't program itself, it'll be too busy taking breaks and attending parties to code.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:02 pm »

My hero got that too. I thought it happened after you killed a bunch of megabeasts.

The problem being that this man didn't do anything. He just kinda was.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 01:20:39 am »

The problem being that this man didn't do anything. He just kinda was.

Like Jesus and Buddha!

Joking :P

But yea, it'd be nice if you could use the same seed and gen the same world up to a point when he's still alive and hand us the save.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 2 [3]