Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need help with creature raws plz  (Read 633 times)

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
need help with creature raws plz
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »

so im trying to make all civs tameable I.E slavery after they have been captured in dwarf mode in version 31.17 and ive got no idea how to do any of this..... if u have any links to projects that already have this or if u could show me or if ure fast to do it ure self that would be great either way and thx for the help before hand.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:29:45 pm by crappypappy »
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: need help with creature raws plz
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »

Honestly, whatever you might get out of this isn't worth the effort. This idea comes up a lot and there simply isn't a good way of dealing with it right now (well, not within the scope of the raws, at least).

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 02:28:03 pm »

lol k is there any other way? lol i want every one of my dwarves to have a slave friend

also thx for the link ill see if i can do anything with that but in the mean time if there is anything else that might help
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:29:53 pm by crappypappy »
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:31:56 pm »

Take a look at that toolset I linked to. I'm guessing you'll need to make the civs you want to control pets with the PET tag (and probably replace their INTELLIGENT tag with CAN_LEARN), then use the "friendship" tool to enable jobs for them.

You'll probably also want to play around with the dwarf ethics so they can butcher sentients as well.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »

lol ill try my best considering i suck with this kind of thing ill probly cause the downfall of the human civilization. somwhow well see ya when the apocolypse hits : P

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 05:35:44 pm »

I was working with it just this morning. It doesn't really work at all. You can modify other creatures, like Gremlins or Tigermen, to be purchasable at embarkation, but they don't really do anything but stand around talking. I've also found that even giving Entity controlling creatures (like Elves) the [PET] tags still don't make them purchasable by dwarves.

Back in 40d it was possible to purchase more dwarves at Embarkation by giving them the [PET_EXOTIC] tag and giving the dwarf entity [USE_ANY_PET_RACE], but now it is no longer possible.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

lol ok well i just got done i think any way intgrating the succubus inccubus mod so imma see what hilarity ensues while im waitng for a genius to figure how how to get my dwarves the slaves friends they deserve