Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Behaviors [31.17+]  (Read 690 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Behaviors [31.17+]
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:30:29 pm »

I know there's a lot of topics going on now about the new version, but I stumbled into some funny stuff.

Example: I got a quest to kill a humanoid-cave-dweller-creature (forgot it's name, too many new beasties for me), and I was told he had killed a certain human.
When I entered it's lair, there was human meat all around, human prepared brain, the blood of the human in question, and even some of his clothes and a bronze sword & shield.

If it was scripted, it wouldn't mean crap.
But that thing happened on world gen, or maybe while I was travelling (given that the blood was still all around there).

I'd like to make a topic about those curious/cool moments, 'cuz I'm finding 'em awesome :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Behaviors [31.17+]
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:09:05 pm »

Don't sell that meat at a shop. It seems that afterwards everyone thinks you're a psychopath and wont talk to you. (At least, that's what I think has happened)

EDIT: nope, from the other reports I've seen, it's a SHOP bug that sometimes randomly strikes when you go into a shop with stuff you at one time bought.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:39:42 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Behaviors [31.17+]
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:51 pm »

The first time I down loaded DF, I thought it was broken.

It was world gen, it just took, quite a long bit to get done. I mean, I didnt have any expectation as to how it was suppose to take, but it seem to be taking longer then it should.

So, I went grocery shopping.

I came back, embarked, and selected Lets Play, and was just utterly confused by everything, and it sat on my desktop for about six months, every now and then I would try it again, got confused and quit.

Until, I found the wiki.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#