Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid newb question  (Read 413 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
Stupid newb question
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:43:04 pm »

So, I was thinking: why could only attacks train armor user? I mean, after all, the use of armor user is to reduce encumberance from the armor. So, how would I go about modding DF to have items with the [SHAPED] tag train Armor User? More importantly, is it even possible?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid newb question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:26:49 pm »

Not sure I quite understand this... I think the armour user skill just increases defence. At least thats what I read in the 40d comabt system breakdown.

If you looking for an easy way to train armour user, you can just use training speak spike traps and remove both shield and weapon.

Possible you could make a weapon that uses the armor user skill, and have them train with that. Just replace MACE or whatever with ARMOR. Not what you could call said item...

Edit: forums did something weird
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:31:24 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!