Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-  (Read 1677 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 07:46:11 pm »

Im not sure what the demon tag actualy does, non-random modded demons with just fine without it.

?

I'm pretty sure the demon-, FB-, and titan-specific tokens do nothing as of 31.xx.  I might be wrong on the demons, though (haven't tried).  I remember trying to add a few custom titans/FBs and having no success.  The raw parser didn't understand the tokens.  It'd be nice if Toady opened those up to the raws.  Right now they seem to be worldgen-only, which ruins my plan to eventually populate hell with mostly Doom monsters.
You cant add FBs and titans without tinker, but you can mod in demons just fine. Just set them to spawn at depth 5:5.

Also I remember reading something about the upcoming night creatures having some more modding support. Not sure how far that extends to other random stuff.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 12:07:18 am »

Can't you just set the number of demon types in worldgen to the number of Doom demons you want to add, then gen the world, use World Tinker to access the demon raws, and simply edit them after they've been genned?

Probably.  That requires extra work every time I start a new world, though, as opposed to just once.  It's also a workaround for something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.  Thanks, though.  I might try that next time I get around to playing/modding.

All you have to do I think is just manually go through and work on the Doom monster raws once.  Save it somewhere.  That way whenever you start a world you won't have to manually change each demon entry again, just copy/paste the whole block in.  As long as the number of demons are the same it should be fine, right?
Cage traps are my magma.
Pages: 1 [2]