Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All Metals for Arms and Armour  (Read 766 times)

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All Metals for Arms and Armour
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:43:11 pm »

One day I was thinking, "man. Would I ever love a platinum warhammer, or what?" and it got me thinking - wouldn't it be cool if you could use any metal to make weapons and armour? I mean, only a few would be any good, but it would still be cool. Other potential uses include ridiculously ornate gear, and cheap tin training bolts.

Turns out it was super easy: just copy this:

[ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR]

into the RAW file for each metal.

However I've encountered a problem: Now enemies come in wearing, like, zinc full plate. This was not the intention. Do you guys know of any way to restrict the useable metals of other entities? Or some other workaround? Thanks!

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
Re: All Metals for Arms and Armour
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 01:54:09 am »

I know for a fact elves use two tags WOOD_WEAPONS], [WOOD_ARMOR], maybe you could make one limiting the metals goblins use? Maybe make them iron exclusive?
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: All Metals for Arms and Armour
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

Try removing [STONE_PREF] from gobbos, if they have it, and then making sure they only have reactions for the metals you want them to have.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod