Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What version is better for begnner player like me?  (Read 775 times)

cignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What version is better for begnner player like me?
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:37 am »

Well im thinking of starting to play fortress mode but im not sure what version of DF i should use. im thinking of using 40d but im looking at the 31.12 still dono though

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What version is better for begnner player like me?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:02:35 am »

0.31.16 is working pretty well I'd recommend it. Theres nothing so terrible in it that youd want to play an old version and it has all the cool features of hospitals.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:13:03 am »

I would agree, 0.31.16 is a pretty good version to start with. Just understand that the military system is likely to be indecipherable at first glance so be patient when you are trying to learn the military. Besides that, 31.16 is no harder to learn than other versions of dwarf fort (suffice to say, they are all pretty tough to learn). The only thing that 40d has that might make it easier to learn is the non-bugged farming (I forget if it is actually a bug) and a easier military system. However, the new features in the newer versions outweigh the difficulties in my mind.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:08 am »

0.31.xx has also plenty of minerals ores, useful for getting a full iron squad early on.